The academic library is the place to find information in an academic environment. Its purpose is to support and promote the teaching and research work of the Institute. The institute’s library is designed and functions as an ergonomic, flexible, and open to modern needs of the academic and research staff, members of the academic community, the Foundation and the broader society establishment.
The main library is in operation since 1988 and has a collection of over 32,000 volumes. It subscribes to 17 electronic sources (on-line databases, digital libraries, statistical databases, etc.) and provides access to 550 scientific journals. The study room area is 800 m2, has seating capacity for 200 people and provides access to 22 computers. In comparison with other ITs, the library in Kavala is ranked 6th in number of books. There are also libraries on the Drama and Didymoteicho campuses. The institutes research, learning and training activities requires:
• fully updated bibliographic infrastructure;
• modernising and expanding the services of academic libraries;
• a fully reformed logistics infrastructure;
• providing each person's easy access to an extensive literature, both printed and electronic, as well as a wide range of databases, public and special interest.
The goals of the library are:
• Research, identify, evaluate and purchase materials and access to sources of information.
• The organisation of the maternal to be easily searched, identified and used by users.
• Provide education to better use the list of collections (OPAC) and electronic services (databases, electronic journals).
• Participation in collaborative groups (Catalogue of Greek Academic Libraries-HEAL-LINK).
The list of library books:
Introduction to Environmental Portal (Trial Version)
Introduction to Economic Portal (Version 1.00 - Ver. 1.00)
Conference "Academic Libraries in the post season OP"